We are pleased to have the opportunity to present a 2-day Group Works workshop at the end of June in British Columbia. If you are curious about the deck and want to further explore how to use it, this is your chance!
When: Saturday June 29, 9:00am-4:30pm, and Sunday June 30, 9:00am-4:00pm.
Where: Quayside Village Co-housing, 510 Chesterfield Ave. at W. 5th Street in North Vancouver, near the Lower Lonsdale seabus dock.
Cost: Sliding scale $25-$200 (cheque or cash at the door)
RSVP: Please mark the dates in your calendar and reserve your space by email ASAP (this event may sell out) to Daniel Lindenberger (email@example.com), indicating if you plan to attend one or both days. If there are particular topics you'd like discussed/explored, let Daniel know in your RSVP.
Saturday: Waiting List
Topics will include:
- How to use the Group Works Deck (Sue Woerhlin and Tree Bressen) - An introduction to practical applications for the Group Works deck.
- How Not to Do Public Engagement (Dave Pollard) - A humorous role-play looking at some of the pitfalls of public engagement, and ways to improve the process based on Group Pattern Language
- Games and Other Activities (Dave Pollard and Daniel Lindenberger) - An opportunity to explore various games to make learning and deepening facilitation skills fun with the Group Works deck.
- Method Mapping (Sue Woerhlin and Tree Bressen) - A collaborative event exploring and discussing the Group Works patterns underlying existing facilitation methods participants are already familiar with (e.g. Open Space, Appreciative Inquiry, Dynamic Facilitation, etc.).
- Using Group Works in Virtual Environments (Christopher Allen) - An introduction to and discussion of ways to use Group Works in Virtual Environments.
Saturday June 29:
9:15 How to Use the Group Works deck
1:30 How Not to Do Public Engagement
2:45 Games and Other Activities using the deck
4:15 Wrap-up & Closing
Sunday June 30:
9:30 Method Mapping
2:00 Using Group Works in Virtual Environments
3:30 Wrap-up & Closing