You are invited to . . .
DEEPENING FACILITATION PRACTICE:
DEVELOPMENT WITH GROUP WORKS
One-Day Interactive Workshop
Friday, September 26th | 9:30am-4:30pm
CommunityWise Resource Centre, 223 12th Ave. SW, Calgary, AB
Are you interested in improving your work with groups and communities?
Calling project leaders, teachers, facilitators, public engagement practitioners, coaches, non-profit board members, civic activists, permaculturists and others whose work involves empowering people to participate in groups, workplaces, and communities in a more dynamic and effective way!
We invite you to attend a professional development session where you will have the opportunity to:
- Reflect on your facilitation practices
- Share dilemmas and seek solutions with colleagues
- Get support on upcoming meeting designs
- Identify opportunities for implementing patterns of excellent group process
- Integrate exemplary patterns into your professional and/or community life (and start to speak the shared “pattern language” of facilitation)
- Engage with others who care about these things!
We’ll be using the deck Group Works: A Pattern Language for Bringing Life to Meetings and Other Gatherings as our lens. While familiarity with the deck is helpful, it’s not essential—you’ll recognize the patterns from your own practice and pick it up quickly.
When: Friday, September 26
9:00-9:30 am:... more...