Ten Ways You Can Participate in the Group Works Pattern Language Project and Community
1. Just want to stay abreast of what’s new with the deck and language?
- Join our email list for discussions
- Join our email list for major announcements only
- Join up to be a 'community' member on our website
2. Want to share your knowledge and experience from using the deck?
3. Want to help make this the shared working language of facilitators worldwide?
- Use the deck and language day to day in all your activities
- Acknowledge others' use of the patterns by sending ’pattern thank you cards’
4. Want to help expand your own, and others’, use of the deck in your professional work?
- Apply or invent new Group Works activities (event prep/review, in the moment, learning/teaching practices, exercises, games)
5. Want to help grow our understanding of how the ‘patterns’ map to ‘methods’ of facilitation?
- Post your Method Maps to the website
6. Want to meet and network with other facilitators using the deck in your community?
- Talk with Tree about how to create or join a local facilitator group
7. Want to help spread the word about the deck and language?
- Talk with Dave about becoming a Group Works Ambassador: Get involved with outreach/conference activities (presenting, workshops, videos, slide decks, ‘strewing’, writing articles, sending free decks to key people, helping with event management and organization, and even make a small profit reselling decks
- Send your announcements and news about the deck to Daniel for posting on our Facebook page and Twitter feed
8. Want to help us steward current activities forward as a member of our project team?
- Talk with Sue about becoming a Group Works Steward: Support us in our admin and tech work, fundraising, content or website management work, or work on current projects (e.g. phone/ipad apps, “deck 2.0”, game development, or deck translations)
9. Want to develop your own applications or translations of the deck?
- Talk with Daniel or Christopher about joining or developing new 'branch' projects such as embedding the language in our practices, developing a curriculum around Group Works, applying the language in virtual meetings and integrating it in other technology platforms
- Check out current Translation Projects and let us know if you’d like to help translate Group Works into more languages
10. Want to support the project but have limited time?
- Send us a donation
See more ideas on the Potential Volunteer Things to Do List page.
Thanks for being a part of this amazing project!